Activities at LErmitage Franschhoek Chateau & Villas
On a Cape Winelands holiday at L’ermitage guests can relax at the Spa, Skin and Body Centre, swim in the heated pool, enjoy delicious slow food and deli delights or walk in the vineyards and nature reserve.
L’ermitage has created a typically French village, which is ideal for an unforgettable Cape Winelands holiday or event. The courteous, kindly atmosphere and personal service is sure to make a success of any kind of celebration in the food and wine capital of South Africa. Dedicated and experience staff at L’ermitage are on hand to see to all the details.
The Restaurant and Deli
Guests at L’ermitage will find a classic restaurant with elegant furnishings and a Grand Piano for unhurried fine dining in style. Slow food is the trademark at this restaurant for full flavour and sumptuous dishes for a la carte or al fresco dining. The patio is ideal for cocktails and sundowners. Epicerie, the deli-cum-grocer is a haven for food lovers with a superb choice of cheeses, meats, fresh baked goods and homemade preserves and more.
Whether for quiet reflection in a tranquil setting or making romantic wedding dreams come true, L’ermitage offers a most beautiful non-denominational chapel complete with stained glass windows, chandelier, and balcony with spiral staircase.
Conference and Exhibition Centre
With seating for up to 80 delegates, this fully equipped venue is also suitable for smaller business meetings. With a full suite of state-of-the-art audio and visual equipment and experienced staff available, functions are held with ease. Catering is supplied on site or in the restaurant.
Spa, Skin and Body Centre and heated swimming pool
The Serenite Spa has 3 double treatment rooms and offers guests a peaceful oasis for a variety of therapies, massage and beauty treatments. Indigenous botanicals and hand picked ingredients plus the latest equipment and techniques are used to enhance well being and achieve balance. The garden setting of L’ermitage can be appreciated while enjoying some quiet time around the heated pool.
Franschhoek is only 30 – 40 minutes drive from other top Cape Winelands towns of Stellenbosch, Paarl and Wellington. The Franschhoek Valley has its own unique wine route and forms part of the scenic Four Passes Fruit Route. The town has many restaurants to suit all pockets and a there is lots to see and do.
Things to do in Franschhoek
- Visiting the Huguenot Monument
- Wine-tasting at a wine estate in the area
- Enjoying world-class cuisine at one of South Africa’s top restaurants
- Stocking up on goodies from a local deli
- Browsing through the arts and craft centres, galleries and antique shops
- Fly-fishing in the mountain pools
- Teeing off at the nearby Pearl Valley golf course
- Walks and hikes through the Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve
- Enjoying pentaque and other ball sports, horse riding and biking
- Watching Achim von Arnim practise the art of sabrage at Haute Cabriere
- Admiring the view over the valley from the top of the Franschhoek Pass