The Protea Hotel Franschhoek in the Cape Winelands of South Africa, is located in a gorgeous valley surrounded by 25 wine estates.
Franschhoek, South Africa is truly a wonderful destination to experience the Cape and its magnificent scenery of mountains, rivers, and wine estates. The Protea Hotel Franschhoek is an excellent base to explore this beautiful valley and all its delights.
The Protea Hotel Franschhoek, South Africa is located about 80km (50 miles) east of Cape Town
Directions to Protea Hotel Franschhoek
- From Cape Town International Airport, take the Borchard’s Quarry turnoff (M22) towards Bellville and the N1
- From the Borchard’s Quarry turnoff (M22), turn right into Modderdam Road (M10)
- From Modderdam Road (M10), at the first set of traffic lights, turn right in Stellenbosch Road (M12)
- From Stellenbosch Road (M12), turn left onto the R300
- From the R300, turn right onto the N1 dual highway (Eastward directions, towards Paarl)
- Continue for some distance on the N1 until you reach Exit 47, take the Off-ramp, a sign which reads, “R44 / R103 Stellenbosch, Klapmuts, Wellington” will appear at the end of the Off-ramp, turn Right
- Continue along this road for about 400m and, at the 4-way STOP street, carry straight over
- Continue until you see a sign which says “Franschhoek” and turn left
- Continue for about 9km until you reach a T-junction
- Turn Right at the T-junction and follow the road to Franschhoek
- As you drive into town, you will pass the BP Petrol Station on your left
- Protea Hotel Franschhoek is situated, 500m past the BP Garage, on your left hand side